• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Upper Radiator Hose?

Nathan123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 Litre
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys, I just wanted to share an experience with everyone. I had just pulled into Camp Hebron... it's a 5 day experience for fifth graders to be in the outdoors and away from mom and dad, and they take jr's and sr's as counselors to be in charge of them. The bronco was parked in front of the cabin after about a 20 mile drive, and I as going back and forth unloading my stuff for the week and I saw white smoke rolling out from under the hood. After inspection my partner and I determined that the alternator belt cut a slot in the upper radiator hose and eventually made a pinhole large enough for coolant to gush on to a hot engine compartment. So a call to my dad to bring a replacement down to camp. The hose was replaced no problem, but further inspection showed the hose was only a half inch away from the belt! The parts store guy says this is common on bronco 2's but I've never heard of it. So I ended up taking the hose back off, cutting the first inch off of the flared part of the hose, and putting it back on. This lets the hose slide up further on the radiator and gains an inch of clearance by the belt. Check it out in your spare time...lol. But has any one ever heard of the belt cutting the hose? Sorry for such a long post but this is just really strange to me.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals