• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

aftermarket speedo

Broncoii

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
hey.. i recently bought a new to me B2.. its an 87 B2 with a 91 explorer 4.0 with the sport 8.8 rear axle and it has a locker up front.. and its lifted 6 inches with 35's.. my question is.. sence.. im going to use this bronco as.. the mock up one.. where i will fit everthing to.. i have another bronco ii which the body great.. but how would i hook up an aftermarket speedo and which one works the best... thanks

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
based on my explorations when i entertained the idea of an aftermarket speedo there are 2 styles of aftermarket speedos, mechanical, and electronic. the electronic ones are insanely expensive and usually only work with vehicles that had an electronic pickup in the trans originally. but the pickups are available in a few applications. next is the mecahnical which just uses a stock-style cable that plugs into the back of it and the gauge companies offer the little gears that change the calibration for wheel size, gears etc.

necessaryevil

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the electronic ones are super easy to program, while the mechanical are off a little most of the time

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals