• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

roof poping

necessaryevil

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
at about 45mph my roof on my b2 pops, when i slow down it pops back, is there any way to stop this?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Don't go above 45mph... :yahoo:

In order to make it stop you are going to have to find out what is doing it. Anything up there like a roof rack that might be loose?

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
sounds like the wind speed is causing it to push down and then when you slow down the wind dies down and it pops back up

Deamers87ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
weld some bracing on the roof?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
bugflector II and a visor.

maybe.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Ihere's a brace across the roof just behind the doors. What usually happens is something has been on the roof and bent the brace down. It was originally glued to the roof but has now seperated. If you pull down the roof liner you will be able to see if it's bent or just seperated. If it's bent you can just jack it back into shape and then re-glue it with something like construction adhesive or if it's not bent just re-glue it, Had the same problem with mine when I bought it many moons ago.

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ihere's a brace across the roof just behind the doors. What usually happens is something has been on the roof and bent the brace down. It was originally glued to the roof but has now seperated. If you pull down the roof liner you will be able to see if it's bent or just seperated. If it's bent you can just jack it back into shape and then re-glue it with something like construction adhesive or if it's not bent just re-glue it, Had the same problem with mine when I bought it many moons ago.

+2 mine had the same problem

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
agreed.. had the same thing happen to mine. all i did was i had all my interior out for paint so i used a porta power and some portapoxy, reglued it to the roof. another thing you might look at while you do this is the joints in the corners when you have the headliner down. Alot of B2's have issues with where the side meets the top on the inside, the welds break loose.

necessaryevil

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
-REP UP-

pulled the headliner and sure enough thats what it was, a little bit of expanding foam-in-a-can and problem solved. THANKS GUYS!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals