• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My CB Setup.

Schwinnstingray1964

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
2.3 4Cyl
Transmission
Manual
Just got this uniden from a neighbor recently,

Screwed it in, Magnetic antenna, Viola.

I like having this thing in my truck.

Anything special i should know before i talk on it?

-schwinny

gcfishguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
You should have the SWR checked. (Standing Wave Ratio)...Essentially, you adjust the antenna length to pair it with the object it's sitting on so you don;t get too much of the signal reflected back into the antenna.
Not sure how to explain it...google.. Anyway, you will have a better performing and longer lasting radio with the SWR set properly. (The output transistors will get too hot and fail prematurely)

Not sure how the airwaves are monitored in your area, but you may still be (officially) subject to some rules, but most are just common sense....

Schwinnstingray1964

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
2.3 4Cyl
Transmission
Manual
You should have the SWR checked. (Standing Wave Ratio)...Essentially, you adjust the antenna length to pair it with the object it's sitting on so you don;t get too much of the signal reflected back into the antenna.
Not sure how to explain it...google.. Anyway, you will have a better performing and longer lasting radio with the SWR set properly. (The output transistors will get too hot and fail prematurely)

Not sure how the airwaves are monitored in your area, but you may still be (officially) subject to some rules, but most are just common sense....
Hahaha, The cops in my towns all have CB's in thier cars.

There was some kid in an exploder with a CB dealing drugs. it was a big thing for a while, Everyone had a CB so they could get drugs. XD

Oh well. I still want one, Just for highway stuffs, and so i can be watchout when we go mudding. My friends always complain that my dads truck didnt have a CB in it, so i would have to call with my phone to get a hold of them.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals