• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bronco II/Ranger combination

Tweeter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Not big enough
Transmission
Manual
Aight so I have an 88' bronco II frame and drive train. Both in near perfect new/rebuilt condition. I rolled it a couple years ago at 15mph, (yes I was sober.) so the body has been trashed. I've been working on the idea of puting a ranger cab on the frame for about a year know.

I just purchased a 88' ranger ext cab for this purpose. I am working on collecting the information and parts needed for this combination. I'm 99% sure the body mounts are going to match up and that the frame isn't to short for the cab. I don't plan on using the ranger bed. The bed will be custom built or what ever. I haven't gotten that far yet.

I'm curious if anyone has attempted or done this before. I plan on taking pictures/videos and documenting this project and I am looking for any and all input by anybody that has an opinion.

Protect your paint, with a layer of mud!

Explosive

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, it's been done. Cab with a shortened bed.

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you'll have to cut half of a wheelwell into the ext cab, unless you push the rear axle back. other than that, its mostly bolt-on

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals