• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

White Bronco II is back Home

WhiteBroncoII2WD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Wow, it has been like forever since I was able to make that statement. I just got back to work after picking up my truck from the body shop/transmission shop. He looks fantastic, no make that perfect. So what happened to my truck? Well, about two months ago I completed my cylinder head swap; I went from the stock to a set of World Products. There really wasn’t even wrong with my old heads, in fact they were of the improve design, but I had been wanting a set since I rebuilt the engine in 2007. So I got the heads in place set the timing by ear, I figured I could set it with the light someday at work, and took him out for a test run. I did not get less than a quarter mile from the house when the hood flew open and hit the windshield. The damage was pretty bad, besides scaring me in the process. The cowl was caved in; the hood was crippled at the rear and the hinges were both bent way out of shape.
The truck is amazing now, you cannot even tell the cowl was damaged, and there were no drilling holes to pull it out, instead studs were wielded and pulled to mold the cowl back into form. A new hood with a flame painted on the underside, just as a little bonus for having to wait a bit to get the truck back.
Now, the transmission shop, it’s own by the same man as owns the body shop and since I had yet another rear main seal leak. Replacing it four times myself, I had to be doing something wrong or I just kept getting really bad seals.

It's good to have my pet back home.

jhammel85

Great news man! Its always nice getting your loved one back!

Do you know how the hood flew open? Was the latch worn and didnt latch all the way?

Oh...and you should post pics!

WhiteBroncoII2WD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Great news man! Its always nice getting your loved one back!

Do you know how the hood flew open? Was the latch worn and didnt latch all the way?

Oh...and you should post pics!
Yes, I know, I need to get some pictures posted. Add it to my list of things to be done. Seriouly though, I will get some pictures in the not so distant future.

Well, the timing was set this afternoon and I must say, at least speaking for myself, I love the sound of a fine tuned 2.9 Liter. Right now I have JBA wires, and to best honest I am not really all that fond of them, I think I'll be changing them out for a set of NKGs soon.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
how are the world products heads? notice any difference? or was it just for peace of mind?

i'm re-doing some stuff on my 2.9 right now and i am thinking of getting some, unless they're gonna blow the hood off my BII, lol

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
lol my hood flew open on me and my brother once while my brother was driving. kinda scared the shit out of both of us so he slammed on the brakes and it fell down then we put a bungy cord on the inside of it and it stayed down then lol

WhiteBroncoII2WD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
how are the world products heads? notice any difference? or was it just for peace of mind?

i'm re-doing some stuff on my 2.9 right now and i am thinking of getting some, unless they're gonna blow the hood off my BII, lol

The world products were something that I had wanted to do when I rebuilt the 2.9 back in 2007, but I just didn't have the money, I spent everything on the bottom. The idea was that it would be easier to upgrade the top of the engine at a later date. The world products that I got were bare so as I could add all the goodies I wanted including a free floating valve train. Did the world products cause the hood to blow off, I am absolutely sure of it:D no I don't know why or how it happen, I can just say for sure, I was SCARED.

jhammel85

Yes, I know, I need to get some pictures posted. Add it to my list of things to be done. Seriouly though, I will get some pictures in the not so distant future.

Well, the timing was set this afternoon and I must say, at least speaking for myself, I love the sound of a fine tuned 2.9 Liter. Right now I have JBA wires, and to best honest I am not really all that fond of them, I think I'll be changing them out for a set of NKGs soon.
How come you don't like the wires?

WhiteBroncoII2WD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
How come you don't like the wires?
To put it simply, after less than a year of use the engine already sounds as though it needs a tune up and I had #5 melted against the header and of course JBA has changed their warranty policy so there’s no replacement from them.

WhiteBroncoII2WD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I am going to try and get a picture of the hood posted soon

jhammel85

Ah, cant blame you there! I just realized you are from DE? Where at? I'm over in South NJ.

Its always cool someone local

WhiteBroncoII2WD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ah, cant blame you there! I just realized you are from DE? Where at? I'm over in South NJ.

Its always cool someone local
to be honest a little bit of all over, but I am closet to Delmar, De

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals