• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

well damn my wheels have the wrong offset, what can i do?

4byRANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0 turbo
Transmission
Manual
i dotn even know what offset they are but they sit tooo far in and they rub on the sway bar and ttb sway bar(not the ttb itself)

i need to find a new set of rims i guess??

what offset rims should i use??
or offset size or however that works..!

anyone wanna trade by chance?? they may fit the 98 models and up with the IFS front end better

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
You can take one wheel of and put a tape measure or ruler against the flat spot that goes against the brakes and measure to the inside lip of the wheel. That's your backspacing. You need wheels that stick out farther, so less backspacing.

I'd look into a set of wheel spacers, they're pretty cheap. Or just pull the swaybar, I did and got better flex.

Ric

...RedShred
U.S. Military - Veteran
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I dont know if I'd run big spacers on a truck that goes wheeling. Sell the wheels and buy a different set.

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah that's a good point. I wasn't suggesting large spacers, but then again he didn't say how much they're rubbing, so he may need big ones.

I do know a couple guys who have spacers on their DD/weekend toy are ok though.

4byRANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0 turbo
Transmission
Manual
they rub when i start getting to the end of my turnin radius..(when i make u turns)
i have them off at my dads house once i get back over there ill check the measurment..

but i think ill go with selling them, the way it sits now looks goofy.. i need some rims with an offset that gives my truck a wider stance .. what would be the best offset to go with some 33inch tires and that will make the wheelbase wider??

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Check what you have and go from there. I think mine are 3.75" backspacing w/ my 31x10.5s. I'm not positive though.

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
i have a set of eagle alloy wheels polished alum 15x8 with a -30mm off set an a 3 1/4 backspacing an they stick out quite a bit from stock.. i like the way the look vs the stock offset/backspacing.. an iam running 31/10.5/15 with about 3 inch of lift

98ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
most 15x8 eagle alloys are a -30 offset and would be perfect. there are also a lot of -19 15x8s too. that is what i have with my 31s and they stick out farther than stock but not too far, either one of those should work but if its a 33x12.50x15 i would go with a 15x10 and then most rims are like -40 to -50 offset so they will stick out more but will still work great. i would test fit first because going with a more negative offset (sticking out farther) will give you less clearance on your fenders. basically you just need a more negative offset wheel and most manufacturers make the offsets i just listed.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals