• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

radiator core support and body lift

Krowzer1139

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
First thing on the work list is my radiator core support for my 88 bronco II is rusted out and needs replaced I already bought a new one and I was wondering how long and difficult they are to replace. Second is body lift and mounts I bought a 2 inch body lift with poly mounts does it matter which one is on top touching the body should the lift be on top of the mount? Any help or advice would be awesome thanks

pwrranger88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
to remove the radiator youll want to have a new or sharp drill bit that is a little bigger then the spot weld itself (i think i used 3/8) and imo i would bolt the new support on opposed to welding it on. and the body lift blocks sit between the poly bushings and the body.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I took out the radiator support with a sawsall.Replaced the cross connection with a large piece of angle iron. Built a new lower support that extended from the top.Now with a 2" body lift I was able to tuck a Smittybuilt winch behind the front bumper.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9l FI, 2.9L FI, 2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Do what pwrranger said, bolt it on.... did that with my 92 nissan stanza, makes it so much easyer if you ever have to pull the motor.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals