• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Headliner CB and Speaker

umbrobryan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I just got done with the front bumper yesterday and this afternoon I decided to install the CB I snagged from my dad. He also gave me the antenna that I remember him buying for it along time ago.

The only downside is the whip on the anttena is almost as long as the bed - 6ft. Im gonna have to pull it over and tie it I think. I took some pictures while I was going along.

Heres how I did it. First I pulled everything from the headliner that touched it except the rear B-pillars. Slide the headliner forward and it falls out.

Next thing I did was cut a piece of 1" plywood a little smalled than the CB itself. Screw the brackets that hold the CB to the wood and cut slits in the headliner where the brackets meet it. The brakets will pop thru and install your side screws.

Next was the speaker. I pulled apart a Radio Shack CB speaker box and reused the speaker grill/box half and speaker with the screws. Now the headliner was really thick so I cut one of the two layers of headliner out. Also cut a hole for volume to come thru. Ran the screws thru the back of the speaker and in to the grill. Looked good.

Took me about 2.5 of total time. I was fiddle fartin around on this project. Have to say i'm once again satisfied with the end result.. Until later Bryan.

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
looks good! really like that speaker idea! wish my truck had a headliner. look around and you should find a little clip that mounts to your rain gutter (if you have one) for the whip antenna. those used to be real common things to use on the 102" cb antennas.

umbrobryan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the compliment. I like the speaker up there too. I havent looked at the roof yet. It not really the daily driver so I haven't remembered to go out and look at it. I'm thinking of putting it in the bed, up against the cab wall.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals