• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

need help asap please!!

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
hey guys
i just got my ranger and it is finally in my drive way...it did not have a manual and my radio does not work.so i looked in the fuse box but the fuse box says refer to the manual for the fuse diagram.so does anyone have a fuse box diagram or know which fuse is for the radio..the radio does not go on nor does it have anything on the display

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
What year is your truck? That would help alot.

I don't know if it would be the same fuses and everything as my 93 ext. cab or not, but I can get you a picture of my owners manual diagrams. I don't want to go looking for/through my manual if it is going to be different though.

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
thank god..i have a 93 for ranger ext cab..so wat u have will work..could u tell me wich fuuses arre wich ..thank you so much dude:yahoo:

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
There ya go. Hope that helps you!

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
killler..thank u so much really helps..im gonna trry this and see wat happens

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
If that doesn't work, I'd also take the radio out and make sure it is plugged in. I don't know if you know how to take it out or not, but it really isn't very hard at all.

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
ok...so the fuse that says radio is good..but the fuse that says premium sound is missing..anyone know what that does or if that has anything to do with it..ok..and for taking the radio..im really not sure how to do it..could u help me out with out.

thanks for the help
ryan

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I think Premium sound was an option, that fuse is missing on mine too.

Do you have the original radio, or is it aftermarket? Stockers are pretty easy. But aftermarket units, they are all different.

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
i have the stock unit..it has cassete but no cd

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
so how do i get this sucker out

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ok, that isn't hard to remove at all.
Here's a quick write up for you.

Things you need: 1 metal cloths hanger

1) Cut the ends of the cloths hanger so that you have 2 "U" shaped pieces. Make sure the two ends are fairly parrellel. And, they should be probably 3 inches from curve to each of the tips.

You will see four holes in the face of your radio (2 on the left, and 2 on the right) You will end up sticking the 2 ends of each piece of wire into them.
This pic kind of shows 2 of them.

This is the mounting clip that you are using the wire to depress.

By sticking the wire into the holes, you are pushing the clips twords the radio (twords each other basicly) alowing it be slid out.
You can kinda see that here.

You will need to slighty push the two things of wire away from each other slightly to help move the clips. Like so.

Then, you just use those peices of wire as handles and just pull them and the radio SHOULD come out with them (remember to still be pushing apart slightly). It might take alittle bit of muscleing/ wiggling around, but it should come out fairly easily. Oh, by the way, I am assuming you know this, but both pieces of wire need to be in the radio to get it out. I only showed one becuase I lost the other one and didn't want to make another one.

And don't worry, I didn't take my radio out just to show you, haha. You can kinda see a Kenwood box in the background of a few. That is what I was putting in yesterday.

I hope that helps you, if you have any questions/ problems, just say them and I'll do my best to answer/ help you with them!

Last edited:

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
great..so i am going to work on that tomorrow..so if all the wires are plugged ina ndevery thing ..where do u thnk the problem lays

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hmm. If both of the connectors are plugged in (there is two, on for speakers and such, the other is for power and things liek that), I would say one of the power wires somewhere is disconnected or something. Or, your radio could just plain, be bad, you never know.

If you know somebody else with a Ranger I guess you could take out thier radio and just plug it into yours (don't put it in or anything) and if it works, then it is your radio, if it doesn't work, then there is a wiring issue somewhere.

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
ok that works.. so i am gonna take the radio out tomorrow.and see wats going on..i will write baack tomorrow..and thanks dude for the help..thnk u so much
thanks
ryan:icon_thumby:

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Also, if you have a voltmeter, you can test it for power. I can get you the colors of the wires you need to test if you want me to. Checking for power would be alot easier than finding another radio.

No problem. I hope everything is a quick fix.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals