• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Type R!!!! Yeah!

motocross

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
well for xmas this year i got a pioneer 5900ib deck and 12" 2ohm alpine type R, with a MA audio 800rms amp @ 2ohms, and a 2 cub ported box, its pretty sweet and i would recomend it to anyone buy on the back of the sub where you wire it to the amp i ran theres 2 pos and 2 neg i hooked all of them up i dont no if its right or not, also on the amp theres settings sumthing like 50-200hz and 0-50hz what should i have these set to iv herd people talking that your system should be tuned to 34hz or around there, so what should i do with these. im trying to upload a vid of it but on my way home from installing i broke my camera ! oh well the systems pounded good.....the pioneer deck is so nice. ill try get a vid asap

Black'03LevelII

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
hey moto your TypeR is a dual voice coil each is 2ohms. if you have them wired + to + and - to - that is parallel. which gives you a 1 ohm load. check the owners manual for the amp and make sure that it is 1 ohm stable. If it isn't (although being an MA it should be) you will end up killing it. I am sure you will be ok though. I own a set of the TypeE's and they rock hard :headbang: and those R's rock harder :icon_hornsup:

As far as the amp setting goes Ideally you want it set to the 0-50 Hz range. all this is, is where the amp cuts the "bass" frequencies at,keeps the higher range stuff from being sent to the subs making then sound "muddy" (or muffled) hope this helps you out. If you have any further ?'s PM me thru here or email at JRAntoine@roadrunner.com

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i would bet the 50-200hz is the low pass filter. youre probably using the settings on your headunit for that though. the 0-50hz sounds like you have a subsonic filter. it pretty much cuts the frequency right at the amp. that way your amp doesnt have to work as hard playing frequencies your setup isnt set up for. as far as wiring your sub, let us know what your amp is stable at.

oskie49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i had 2 type r 12s in the back seat of an ext. cab F150 in a ported box and a thousand watt amp. i was out beating an explorer with 2 15s :) but still couldnt touch my friend with the 13W7

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals