• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help me befor I blow this SOB up.

jarfly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Well the outher day I pulled my Bronco out of retarment for some daily driveing to work and back. Okey done a tune up and all that got her running like a dream. So I get off work tonight head to wallyword and got me a brand spanking new battery to put in her. I have drove it the past few days with out any trouble at all. So I get home and put my new battery in it and what? No fule pump action at all! I have had trouble with this for ever. Its not my pump I have put pump after pump and more relays than one man can count on this. When it did this befor my brother found a diry plug. I am tinking it could be that again but don't kno what plugs go to what? Can someone tell me what is the plug one the driver side fender well goes to the pump? And is anyone has any ideals at all on what could be the cause of this I would really like the help. Thank you all! I really need to get this running.

Harry Rathien

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Make sure you're getting a GOOD connection on all three wires on your battery's ground cable and check your engine to chassis grounds. I had a gremlin like that once and found out that the ground wire going into the battery cable end was loose, thus the computer wasn't getting a good ground.

-Harry

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Aother thing is that it could have had the fuel pump relay trip because the battery was disconnected as well. Do you hear the pump priming when you turn on the ignition?

swamprat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Not sure about yours but mine has a ground in font of the battery that seems to go to the fuel pump some how. I broke my battery tie down replacing my battery one day. The battery was able to slide enough on hard left had turns to bump the ground wire connection. Truck would stall and not re-fire. No pump sound at all. Took my an hour the first time to find it. Now have a new hold down clamp.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals