• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Radius arm heim joint conversion

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
what am i looking at, and does anybody make a kit for four wheel drive Bronco II/I-beam rangers to do this...

I want to delete my radius arm brackets as they are, because they are trashed (still more or less SAFE but really clunky) and i was thinking, why the heck didn't ford just use a heim joint...

so i want to replace the radius arm bushing with a heim joint, and was wondering if anybody had done it before.

i found a kit online, but it's only for two wheel drive rangers.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Most people that do it extend their radius arms or do a SAS with a 3 or 4 link.

Arguably the stock radius arms are too short and should be longer, so even if you're stock height or close to it you can benefit from a better ride if you extend the arms. If you extend them, everything is already tore apart so you just weld it up the way you need it.

My choptop I wanted to go with some Johnny Joints, but due to limited finances I ended up just letting a guy weld me up some extended arms with some rod end/heim type end. He did it all for free so I really can't complain and it works. Someday in the hopefully not all that distant future I will be redoing it all (front and rear suspension) and going with Johnny Joints (far better than heims).

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Most people that do it extend their radius arms or do a SAS with a 3 or 4 link.

Arguably the stock radius arms are too short and should be longer, so even if you're stock height or close to it you can benefit from a better ride if you extend the arms. If you extend them, everything is already tore apart so you just weld it up the way you need it.

My choptop I wanted to go with some Johnny Joints, but due to limited finances I ended up just letting a guy weld me up some extended arms with some rod end/heim type end. He did it all for free so I really can't complain and it works. Someday in the hopefully not all that distant future I will be redoing it all (front and rear suspension) and going with Johnny Joints (far better than heims).
do you have pictures of yours?

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
do you have pictures of yours?
I'm not sure... but I can see about getting a few later today. It's not the prettiest setup but it works.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals