• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Xplorer brake ???

redneckbronco

Reaction score
So Im gonna be starting the lift of my 92 X Sport shortly, and my question is that on the drivers side theres a block where three hardlines connect, one coming in from the master one going to the driver side brake and then one going to the rear i believe? is there any way of bypassing this block? or how do i get around it? any help is greatly appreciated.:beer:

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
could you post a photo of it. Or tell us the exact location of it. I don't remember having an issue with such a thing when I did the lift on my 91.

retep88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Chevy
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
I wouldn't try to by pass it. It sounds like a splitter for your brakes. You should have two hard lines coming out of the master cylinder. Those two line will then split with one line going to one of the front wheels and the other going to the opposite rear tire. If you try bypassing it, you will lose brakes in one of the wheels.

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
I wouldn't try to by pass it. It sounds like a splitter for your brakes. You should have two hard lines coming out of the master cylinder. Those two line will then split with one line going to one of the front wheels and the other going to the opposite rear tire. If you try bypassing it, you will lose brakes in one of the wheels.
Unless he typing about a ABS block, then I would try to bypass it, or just leave it in place, doesnt matter which way, just make sure you have lines going to all four brakes.

There are two spitters that are required, one is on the rear end, and one should be on the drivers side close to the frame, where it goes though to the driver side brake.

Robert

Last edited:

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think the block your talking about is the one at the top of the brake hose.The mystery end goes to the right front wheel the front and rear systems are not allowed to mix for safety reasons.In case of master cylinder failure.I just researched a longer hose too.After looking in to putting two hoses together or lowering the mount for the top of the hose.The two hoses wound up being only like $25 dollars less than a new stainless set by earl plumbing at duff the kit also has the back hose way better deal.The new hose set accommodates the block that your concerned about.Pay the $100 dollars be safe move on.

redneckbronco

Reaction score
Unfortunately I dont know how to post pictures but it is if i remember right the one that is mounted close to the frame, on the shock tower i believe. Trail B2 were did you get the lines from? Id much rather pay the $$ and be save then rednecked and ded!:beer:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals