• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

rotor...3.45 vs other ratios

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
had a race in spin the hub on the brake rotor, so time for a new rotor........

took a peek on the autozone page. list one rotor for 3.45 gear ratio and then anouhter rotor for all other ratios........

I rember from the last board there was some diffrence...what is it,,,what was diffrent on the trucks that came with 3.45's vs other ratios....

truck is a 1991 reg cab,long bed 4x4,real dana 35, 4.0 ,5spd, manul t case

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
3.45 will guarantee that it's a D28 not a D35. One of the dumb ways auto parts stores tell the difference between the 2. If the guys not going to know the difference between a D28 and D35 hows he to know what ratio it is. Reason for the tags or door sticker.

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
can't say 3.45 for a fact make it a d28 cause my d-35 came from the factory with 3.45's...door tag,and the sticker on the pass.side beam said axle"d35....ratio" 3.45 and the build date that was on the beam sticker was with in a mounth of the build date on the truck...
I say "said" cause the beams got sand blasted a few weeks back.And the sticker did not make it.

maybe it HAD been a hybrid 35/28 in its life,truck had 15plus years other owners...cause it has a d35 pig and r&p set in it.and I know for a fact housings,spindle snouts etc. But even if it had been a hybrid it would still have had d35 knuckles and snouts?.So I dont see how that could affect anything in the rotor hub.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
OK you keep believing that. 3.55 and I would never argue the fact. But 3.45 :no2:

My door tag says I have 3.45's in my B2 with a D28 and 7.5. But I know it's got a D35 and 8.8 with 3.73 cuz I swapped them in there. Door tags mean Jack unless you know that the axles have never been tamperd with. Same goes with the diff tags.

Prove that you got 3.45's in a D35!!!:c-n:

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
i think i'de be worried some genuis left 3.45's in back and put the d35 in the front

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
at sometime by one of the prevoius owners of the truck has been regeared.has 4.56's in it now. and both ends match.

copy, I dont know what to tell you, other than like what I said/asked before, maybe it had been a hybrid at one time/from the factory?...I erased my proof I guess you could say with the sand blaster with the sticker.

by looking on I think it was napa,one is a 11.25 inch dia and one is a 10.8inch dia. So I would say over all you are right.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
As has been hinted at, the rotors do not depend (directly) on gear ratio. However, Dana 35 and Dana 28 rotors are different. It's not just the diameter. If you have a Dana 35, use the "all other ratios" choice. If you have a Dana 28, lie about the gear ratio and say it's 3.45.

But I'd suggest looking for a parts guy that knows the difference. They are good as gold if you can find them.

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
But I'd suggest looking for a parts guy that knows the difference. They are good as gold if you can find them.

sad but true. then again, we know lots of stuff about our rangers, and less about most other cars. the parts guys nothing about anything or a little bit about everything (the good ones)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals