• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

rack and pinion

4b316

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Was all the 98 ,99 2.5 rangers power racks?Did they have a manual rack?They just upped the elgible truck to race at the track to 98,s and think we will build a new one.Anybody got a wore out 98-99 2.5?

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
I'm 99% sure that they were all power racks. They list a different rack for regular vs. extended cabs but I can't find any reference to a manual rack. The external dimensions are the same so, I'm guessing one has a better ratio than the other. As strictly a GUESS, I'd have to say that the regular cab trucks had a quicker ratio, as the extended cabs would have been heavier and needed more leverage to maintain "easy" steering. Interestingly enough, the electric Rangers list the same rack and pinion part numbers. I guess they must have had a hydraulic pump under the hood to run it.

Also, the same rack is used in '98-'01 2 door Explorers.

Too bad they didn't change the rules earlier this year, Citoriplus already got rid of his '01.

Last edited:

4b316

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I,m pretty sure it should make a better race truck.It will be easier to adjust caster and camber anyways and with the rack,it should get some weight down closer to the ground.Maybe with some more hp we can catch some of the s10,s.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals