• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

just got a ranger

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
hey guys.new to the forum.and thats because i just bought a ranger.i found the sight when i was going down the street and i saw a ranger with a rangersttion decal..had to take a look and i love it.i live in hillsdale nj so this person lives right around the corner from me.but i dont know who he his.lol..

anyway..i really always wanted a offroader.but my ranger is 2wd.so i was curious if this truck will make a decent off roader..mostly mud and bumbs and stuff..
so should i lift it or drop it.this will be my first truck..or even car so..im pretty hyped..i go to bergen tech highschool and i have been working on truck for the past 4 years..and now im ready to work on my own,

so what do u guys thing..off roader or street truck..and whats the easiest lift kit or lowering kit to put in for the money

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Well I shall start off with saying Welcome to the forums.

And depending on your driving style will determian what you would want to do with your truck.

Me personally I would drop it, but I already have one of them.

So do tell more about this Ranger of yours. What year ? Reg. cab ? Extended cab ? Step side ? :3gears:

And we shall go from there. :yahoo:

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
well..its a extended cab..6cylinder with 112,000 miles..1993..complely stock...umm..what else is there to tell..lol

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Well if you are want to drop it how far are you want to go ? 2/4 ? 5/7 ? On the ground ? Maybe even an inch from the ground ? We can get that truck as low as you want.

treefiddy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I always thought that if it was 4wd, jack it up... and if it were 2wd, drop it down low... but then again, there's always the prerunner style too.

chvlfrk

December 2010 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
235/70R15 front / 275/60R15 rear
Ummmm...............

well..its a extended cab..6cylinder with 112,000 miles..1993..complely stock...umm..what else is there to tell..lol

:worthless:

My sig tells my thoughts on a 2wd Ranger:3gears::woot:

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
You need to decide what you really want the truck for. I could go either way if I was to do it again. I missed the 2wd lifts coming out by only a few weeks when I started dropping mine. I do enjoy the handling of the truck with it as low as it is though.............

James

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
well..i would really like to lift it.but i just wanted to make sure that im not the only one.i figured maybe if i put lockers in the rear it would really help.:3gears:

so what is the cheapest easiest way to lift my truck.and also wats the cheapest diff locker that works good

i willl put pics of it up on wed..thats wen the truck is coming to my house..as of right now the truck is parked at my friends house while i clear space in my garage.

any help is greatly appreciated

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Well now... How much of a nose bleed do you want ? :tease:
No kid, but what are you wanting ? Are you looking to go with looks or some functionality still ?

There are plenty of kits out there, and most likely that will be the easiest way for you to go.

I would recomend some longer radius arms and coils out front and some god lift springs out back.

I had a skyjackers lift on my 87 Ranger which was purty much some drop brackets and coils, which got me about 4in of lift, But I had blocks in the rear which over time ended up saging.

But heres another question for you then... How much tire would you like to fit on the Ranger ?

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
well hers the deal.im looking for the biggest bang for the buck...so if it is easier and cheaper to lower it then i will lower it..but if it easier and cheaper to lift..im lifting it...at this point i will go either way...so any suggestions

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Lower it. You can lower your truck at least 2 in for about 20 bucks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals