• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Any Options?

Flat Toy

Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/1998
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/2.5
Transmission
Automatic
After 15 years or so of Dial Up internet we have decided to get some sort of high speed internet. Bought new computers and a laptop and have been watching ads for diffrent high speed internet companys. Find some that look promising and call to order and they won't give internet without it being in a bundle with TV and Phone where we live in Dallas.
The few that offer it by it's self want $70.00 a month. They will all give internet for $25.00 a month or less but we have to get it in a bundle. We do not need and can't justify $100.00 a month for TV plus $25.00 for internet. We get everything we need with rabbit ears.
With 2 kids in High School and 2 in Collage some sort of high speed internet is becoming needed. The local High School now gives out assignments and takes homework by E Mail and don't even get started with the Collage.
While I am not very computer literate there has to be a better way to get just high speed internet for under $30.00 a month.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Give your phone company a call and see if they offer adsl internet service.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I thought you could get high speed with rabbit ears...rabbits are pretty quick...

Maybe one of those high speed cellular sticks would be cheaper...

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Give your phone company a call and see if they offer adsl internet service.
x2, but usually mostly available to those in the city and will need a phone line, but 768/768 or 1.5mbits/768 should be fairly cheap I would think. Might be able to find someone that's reselling this service as well. It won't tie up the phone line either, they use filters on the phone's line to the wall to keep the signals separate.

I had that for a long time and it's not too bad. I think my 1.5mbits/768 topped at around 112 kilobytes per sec downstream and upload was 16 kilobytes max, which is way faster than what you have now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals