• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Still trying to drop my 06 Sport

skunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
I used to post here as "2toned" about a year or so ago...

Since last time, I went ahead and cranked the t-bars as much as I could, and did minor fabrication to the front end to get it as low as I could. As for the back end, as far as I know there is yet to be a kit out. I removed a leaf on each side, as well as removed the blocks from each side.

This is what I have so far, and I'm about ready to trade it in....

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Why are you going to trade her in ? Do you want something you can lower more, or you just going to get rid of her because it is her time ?

Well being that it sounds like you want to have it site fairly low, why not flip the torsion keys, not sure entirely how low that will drop you, but it might give you some more. And as for the rear you put the leafs back in and flip the rear axle to give you roughly 5 in drop in rear and if that is not enough you can flip the shackle to put the axle on the frame, just about.

As for the front, because you have torsion bars, proabably the only way to get it on the ground is with moving some components around, and possibly z the frame a little.

skunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, I'm just getting frustrated with it, and consider trading it in every now and then, hah..but i love the truck..just hate the suspension, I should have went with the STX, and just dealt with the coil springs, but oh well..heh

These torsion bars are just trouble when you want to lower a ride. I know, I should have thought about that when I bought it...

I tried to flip the torsion keys already, but after I did it actually sat higher, because of the pattern in the hole of the key. As for the rear, they don't make flip kits for the Sport/Edge models..

Next I will probably look into z-ing the frame, thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Flip kit are purty much universal, You either have a 7.5 or and 8.8 differential. That really is the only difference in flip kits, and usually that does not matter.

But if you really want to fli the rear then you can cut the perches of and reweld them to the bottom of the axle and then set the axle above the spring, wall la flip kit.

But You can get a flip kit from DJM for an XLT and it will work fine. But I think you will run into the problem with the front being to high then.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals