• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone have a 87ish Carb'd B2600?

bmonee5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Curious if they are totally gutless or don't do to bad? I have a 4 Speed 2.3L 83 Ranger that is so gutless, going up a hill at highways speeds i have to be in 3rd gear pinned going 45 MPH. Does a carbed 2600 maintain normal speeds up hills and such?

BeaterMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 4.6, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
i got a friend who has one thats carb'd and it is nasty fast. my friend did get the head milled down alot and its over bored by .020 in. probably has 10.5:1 compression or higher due to excessive head milling, he did the balance shaft elimators and some other stuff. the issue is the carburtetor is a nightmare and his model has jet valves( emission crap) and they leak alot of compression past them. there is info online about putting a 2.3l carb off a pinto or mustang II that will wake up that motor alot and also if ya do the jet valve elimators that helps alot too. as for hills, i cant say much because he has only drove it maybe 15 miles since he rebuilt the engine last year- just waiting to put them eliminators and get a new carb then he's gona start dding it around.

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Curious if they are totally gutless or don't do to bad? I have a 4 Speed 2.3L 83 Ranger that is so gutless, going up a hill at highways speeds i have to be in 3rd gear pinned going 45 MPH. Does a carbed 2600 maintain normal speeds up hills and such?
What are you trying to find out here? You do know the Mazda has nothing interchangeable with your ford right?

bmonee5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
ya i wasn't planning on trying to swap anything from my ranger. I was just curious what anyone had to say about a B2600..... this one has a weber carb on it that was just rebuilt and i have a 2.3 Weber carb on my ranger, if that will wake it up a little i'd look into that. I'm just trying to see how it does going up hills at highway speeds and how it does on gas and if it has much more power than a 83 2.3L ranger...? by the way my mechanic also told me that stock carburation on those mazda's sucks really bad and that they are hard to find replacement parts on so i guess thats good its a weber...

mazdafamily

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986 to 1993 an
Make / Model
ford
mazda
t
Engine Size
not sure yet
Transmission
Manual
i have a 87 mazda b2600 they are kinda gutless but they take a betting and still keep going, i took a stump to the oil pan and lost alot of oil. ALOT. i had 2 letters with me because the motor leaks oil, even adding that it did not get me far. i drove 20 km to a friends house, with no oil we through used oil in it and babied it home to fix the pan. i must have drive about 15 km with no oil and about 40 km on used old dirty oil and she is still kicking today!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals