• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Quick 4x4 question on 1988 B2

abrush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Alright, I have a quick question on my 1988 B2. First of all it has the electric push button 4x4 that sits on on the roof by the headliner. I have never had a B2 with the push button, only the manual. Here's my question...

Both lights on the 4x4 low and high are always lit when the vehicle is running. When I push one of them it just kind of dims and then looks exactly as it did before. My 4x4 works but it is confusing as to when the B2 is in 4x4 vs. 4x2. Is this how this is supossed to work? I thought that they would light up brighter when engaged but mine do not. Of course, I could be wrong as I have never had a push button B2.

surffishin07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
not sure i had an 87 BII with manual shift and the 4x4 lights stayed on all the time it might just be in the wiring

dirtsquirt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 and 2005
Make / Model
ford And jeep
Engine Size
2.9 And 4.0
Transmission
Manual
my 87 only lights up when in 4x4 the lights are out when not in 4x4 In 4 low both glow!! In 4 hi only the hi glows hope this helps

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals