• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

leaky headers

b_aldredeg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
have headman headers on my truck been on there for 2 years now with no leaks well the other day it blew a gasket on the drivers side header got some new gasket and put it in and the leak is not as loud as it was but its still there what can i do to fix this ive had this header off 4 times now whats the deal with it

Ranger5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
warped maybe? a machine shop can true it up for ya

dangeranger01

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
What kind of Gaskets are you using? That will make a difference. I have tried a few different kinds and have found that Mr. Gaskets just thing gasket works great. I also tried the thicker fiberglass ones, they work ok but you have to keep tightening them all the time or they will blow out easy. I also have used they thin metal ones in my Mustang, it has BBK headers with a good thik flang so they sealed, but it was just for temp use. They havnt started leaking yet so i wil leave them tille they do. You could also have a crack in one of the header tubes.

91exploreron37

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yea my passenger side tube on my hedmans is cracked but its also leaking at the driverside flange. Alot of people either buy some better quality headers or take the hedmans to a machine shop.

b_aldredeg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im useing stock gaskets that seams to be all i can get for my truck i got the leak fixed the other day i used 2 gaskets on that header and it fixed it right up

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals