• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My new system

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
My aged (3.5 years) Hewlit Packard laptop finally bit the dust the week before Christmas and I finally got tired of sharing a computer with Teffie.

after I sold her minivan to the wrecking yard I went to Best Buy ........ I know I am with out work at the moment but after having been used to 2 computers in the house for over 3 years I just couldn't handle it anymore.

I bought an HP desktop with an AMD proc, 4 gigs of DDR3, 1 terrabyte Hard drive, and 256 mb Nvidia ....... $509....... $9 more than I sold the Minivan for....... brought it home, hooked it up to the 32" High Def...... figured out my wireless key board isn't supported by win7 so I had to go back to Best Buy and get a new key board to go with it..... while I was there I decided my 3.5 y/o $49 logitech speakers where pretty ratty So I bought a set $69 Logitech speakers..... they came with a 5 or 6" enclosed sub woofer......

All I got to say is wow....... I have been using the TV as a monitor for a while but the raedon video card in my laptop wasn't high def.......... and wow ...... its like Blu-Ray Vs VHS.......

I got it hooked up through the HDMI port and have the speakers hooked to the headphone port on the TV...... and these little Logitech $69 Computer speakers rock ....... they are better than what was built into the TV.......

the only problem I am having with it is the text on the forums is a little hard to read from 10 feet but I am getting used to it and my eyes are adjusting....

badblue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
use ctrl + the + to in large the text for reading.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
use ctrl + the + to in large the text for reading.
ha ha ....... never would have figured that out ...... I Just going to have to get used to the smaller text.

Jaymz9350

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Transmission
Manual
ha ha ....... never would have figured that out ...... I Just going to have to get used to the smaller text.
it also works with ctrl and the mouse scroll wheel.

rav098

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
yes use ctrl + mouse scroll

Legend

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5L EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
If you right-click on a clear space on the desktop and choose properties you can change the display properties. On the "Appearance" tab, choose a Large or Extra Large font size to make the changes permanent. If you click on the "Settings" tab, Advanced button, on the "General" tab you can choose a higher DPI setting and make most text larger.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you right-click on a clear space on the desktop and choose properties you can change the display properties. On the "Appearance" tab, choose a Large or Extra Large font size to make the changes permanent. If you click on the "Settings" tab, Advanced button, on the "General" tab you can choose a higher DPI setting and make most text larger.

I don't do that because it would defeat the purpose of having 1080p.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals