• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Stuck (non eject-able) CD

lynnhowlyn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
OK - factory AM/FM/CD head unit in the 99 extended cab that I recently bought (4 cyl, 5 speed - as if that matters)

Put a CD into it and it plays like it should.

But when I hit the eject button - I get an "Err" message and the CD doesn't eject.

Any simple way to get the CD out? Another web site someone can pont me to for help?

Or am I stuck listening to a Christmas music CD whenever the local AM or FM choices just suck??

Thanks!

Black'03LevelII

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
Only suggestion I can offer is to disconnect the negative battery cable for a couple of minutes and see if that resets the radio error. Outside of that ya might have to take it to the dealer and have them pull it out of the dash and manually eject it.

Hope something works out for you.

lynnhowlyn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Worth giving it a try - but frankly I'm not very optimistic about it working. The error message only shows up whern I hit the "eject" and try to ge the CD out.

Except for not ejecting the CD - everything else on the radio works perfectly.

BUT I will give it a try on the weekend and report back.

Pullng the radio out of the dash (just takes a couple pieces of coathanger) and taking it to a dealer for them to manually eject is the "fall-back" option.

BTW - If anyone knows how to "manually eject" the CD with the radio out of the dash - I'd value them sharing the "how-to-do-it"

Thanks

brendank

It's only money...
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
BTW - If anyone knows how to "manually eject" the CD with the radio out of the dash - I'd value them sharing the "how-to-do-it"

Thanks

Force ejects are done on aftermarket decks by holding in the eject button for 5 seconds or so. It would be worth a try on a stock one.

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Does it have a hole to reset it? I dunno if stock ones do, but that might work.

cocoasranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
If it were me I'd take the truck to a professional car audio installer. They deal with this way more often than the dealer and probably won't charge much since it's not a big deal for them. Just my 2 cents.

f03ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
CD Eject

I had this same issue. After pulling the deck, remove the 4 or 6 screws that hold the top cover plate. Once that is removed, there is a gear on the right (I believe) that operates the CD eject. rotate it by hand until your CD comes out. After reassembly, I used mine a few times without issue before replacing with an aftermarket deck.

Hope this helps!

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
dude my ambulance I have is a 04 that has the same problem cure to my problem was the fonze as my partner call it just give it a luv tap on the dash around the stereo not so hard that the drive cam goes off ya she still laughs when ever I do this and it works.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals