• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

95 Ranger Intake

Buckeye Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok so I just took the baffle out of the stock intake system. That is all I have done so far but I plan on going and getting a K&N filter. But here is the thing. I started the truck up after I took out the baffle and I think that my exhaust actually sounds a little deeper. I also noticed when letting out the clutch and step'n on the gas it seems to want to GOGOGO. Just seems like I put a little juice into the good ol 2.3L. But here is my question. Am I just think'n this or does taking the baffle out really increase a little horse power and make it sound a little beefier?

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
It might effect the sound but I doubt it fees up any measurable HP at low to mid range rpm

Buckeye Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hmm maybe its my head play'n with me? But it seems that it actually runs a little better but who knows HA. As of right now I dont have the K&N filter in place. Do you think that a K&N filter is really going to do much with this setup or not?

Ric

...RedShred
U.S. Military - Veteran
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Not really. If you live in a dusty area it will save you money in the long run but otherwise a decent paper element will be just fine.

Read through the forum and you'll get a better understanding of what you can expect.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals