• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New member, Mansfield Ohio

DiverseMS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford-ish
Engine Size
350 SBC
Transmission
Automatic
Evening folks, My name is Chris from Mansfield, Long time lurker.. first time poster. My question is why no one ever drops a small block Chevy in a Ranger? It fits much better and is much easier than a Ford motor. I am doing one right now that is an 84 2WD longbed. So long doggy 2.8 welcome 79' 4bolt 350 with the factory Ford 5 speed. I can post any pics or provide materials list if anyone wants to do this. A place in Shelby Ohio has been doing the swaps for a number of years with great success. No changing oil pans, no bashing sheetmetal. Pretty straight forward install. My project is the above mentioned motor going through a 153 tooth GM flywheel and bellhousing to a Chrysler 10.5" clutch (Aspen, Roadrunner..etc..) into a custom plate to the OEM Ranger 5sp manual gearbox to a OEM Exploder 8.8 Posi unit. The engine will be mounted with 86 Camaro mounts to custom plates, which I can give specs for. Plus I have a full 94' Exploder Eddie B. power leather interior waiting to go in. IM or Email me with any questions or concerns. Cheers mate!

DiverseMS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford-ish
Engine Size
350 SBC
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the welcome, Great site!

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
Welcome.. We are getting a lot of Ohioans lately!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals