• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

72 blazer help

bigcountry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ok my uncle is rebuilding his 1972 blazer it has the orgnial small block 350 with two barrel carb and it has a manual choke when you push the gas pedal down that engages the choke ok so the problem he is having after having his carb rebuilt is when you go down the road for about 20 mins or so the choke will kick in and of course loss of power it never fails always after about 20 mins of driving no matter weither you are goin up a hill or on flat ground everything works fine 4x4 works great automatic trans is smooth and doesnt kick it only has 90,000 orgnial miles on it before he put it up for over 20 or 30 years he had the motor overhauled he is on the second carb and still the problem keeps happening what do yall think i am thinking it has something to do with the cable going from the gas pedal to the carb is getting hot and stuck but thats me i know nothing about chevy even less about a 1972 blazer anyhelp would be great

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
well IMO id go to a 4bbl intake and 4bbl carb, i have 650cfm edlebrock on my 73 k5's 350. i also have a 4bbl edlebrock manifold. i used to have a 750 holly truck avenger and it blew big time...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals