• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Update on the '09 F250 (lots of pics)

seminaryranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It's been a while since I posted and I thought I'd put up a few pics of my ride.

This summer I did a lot of muddin'. South Texas finally got rain after, seriously, like 2 years. Before the rains came, my brother in law and I went exploring dried up stock tanks. Lesson learned there was that eventhough there's sand there's probably mud under it. And 7000lbs on street tires at 70psi does sot "float" ontop of sand LoL.

Even the single cab Chevy had troubles.

Once the rains finally came, we took full advantage of the slicked out pastures. 2wd was useless in my truck on street tires. But locking into 4wd allowd me to get into some slicky fun. Cheezy stucks are, well, cheezy, but at least they're easy to recover. See below.

Stuck 1

Stuck 2

Almost Stuck 3 (5000rpm helped pull out of this one!)

Later in the summer, I picked up a set of LT285/75/R18E (35x11.5) in the new Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar flavor. These are truly awesome tires. The 18" rim size I got has a load rating of over 4000lbs EACH. The tread does fabulous on wet roads and very good off road.

2wd digs in the sand!

The wifey is thrilled!

Still managed to stick it! Extractions are getting harder as I get "stucker"

And a video for your viewing pleasure!
Muddin' the Kevlars

Tommy

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Those new tires sure make the truck look good

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals