• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3L Duratec cold air intake?

DangerRanger08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 CYL
Transmission
Manual
do the intake systems for the 2.3L Duratec focus's work with the 2.3L Duratec rangers?

kevin

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Do you mean like a CAI? The tubing and brackets are all different because the CAI is made for a focus engine bay and the good (real expensive) one's are routed all the way into the fender for cold-air import style. So the answer would be nope. Unless you wanna cut up a new part, I'd go with a home brew system, and to make it nice plenty of company's sell tubing and silicone boots (summit racing for example) to make your own. Or check a junk yard, I always see totalled ricers sitting in the one's around here and I bet you could get one from it to hack up. Another way is in the tech section, I don't remember where but there's a how-to of a fellow making his own cold-air intake for his 4 cyl. Oh, and do you know for sure that the focus and ranger 2.3L are the same?? I used to wonder that when I had my new one.

DangerRanger08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 CYL
Transmission
Manual
well ive read threw tons of forums about the engines being the same. some people say it works and others dont. so its hard to differentiate what true and whats not...as for building one i know how to but i really dont have the time right now. college and work seems to take alot of my time...haha

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well ive read threw tons of forums about the engines being the same. some people say it works and others dont. so its hard to differentiate what true and whats not...as for building one i know how to but i really dont have the time right now. college and work seems to take alot of my time...haha

The Focus engines are front wheel drive so the cold air intake from a focus obviously will not work on a Ranger unless you hack it up and reroute it. Buy the correct intake and be happy with your 3 hp gain.

Last edited:

Bob Ayers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Your OEM setup is a CAI. Your air filter is the same filter used on the 3.0L & 4.0L, so it's way over designed for the 2.3L, and will flow way more air than your engine will pull.

njdriver02

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
top end of the focus and ranger engine is similar, rear wheel drive 23ns is different.

i just bought an adapture that bolts right on after mass air sensor, which allows for a universal cone filter to be put on. I am going to leave the plumbing from the oem intake which acts like a cold air intake. tech section explains it. I might eventually bend a custom tube for the intake. we will see.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals