• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3L turbo?help plz

DangerRanger08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 CYL
Transmission
Manual
i have a 08 2.3L 4cyl 5-spd ranger with a 3" lift,31's and 4:11's with posi. this thing is slower that shit and im thinkin about getting a turbo for it. does anybody have any experience with this subject or info on a quality turbo? anything would be helpfull.thanks

kevin

Last edited:

f2focus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2008 Focus
Transmission
Manual
Hello...we are very interested in making a turbo kit for the 2.3L ranger....we already have truck for our new Supercharger but we need one for our turbo kit....contact me at ricardo@f2usa.com so we can talk about it...thanks

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
turbo swap from an 88 turbocoupe and the like has been done many times, look for it in the tech library and check in the forced induction section. in the case of duratec 2.3 not sure what or how much is available but lots of homework needs to be done based on what you need to do to it. not to be feciscious but 31s on 2.3 is a lil much dont you think even after the regear? id go down to 28s or 29s to help it would be much cheaper and make your engine/driveline last a lot longer in the long run.

DangerRanger08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 CYL
Transmission
Manual
well ive been talking to the guy above me for a while and he's going to be using my truck to make a prototype for the ranger 2.3. As for the 31's its what i need for the dirt. until my driveline and tranny drop its worth it.

mini274

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
the 88 swap works with the lima engines from everything ive researched not the duratechs

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
mini why you knockin fat girlz, got to have something to throw in the bed to level the suspension out and load test my motor b4 i go home and tear that girl a new one!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals