• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ipod Touch 1G Jailbreak Help!!!

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
okay so i tried to jailbreak my 1st gen 8gb ipod touch with blackra1n, and it got half way done and locked up. okay, so just restore it (i have no problem erasing everything on it), right? WRONG! my stupid ass home/menu button doesnt work! (thats the whole reason that i wanna jailbreak it, so that i can run this little app that eliminates the need for it because right now when i wanna go home it have to turn it off and back on, a major pain in the ass.) so now i can't re set it (its in the all too common locked up state right now. usually just a reset would fix it) so then i found this super half-assed program (start it with the "run" feature in windows; high tech, right? haha. and it runs is a command prompt. W-O-W lmao) and it did a half-assed reset. now when i plug it in, itunes kinda recognizes it, but it says its disabled and needs to be restored. okay, sounds good, lets do it. well itunes seems to think that its an iphone and it tries to download the firmware for that. just for shits and giggles, i tried it. and of course, it didnt work. so then i downloaded my original firmware (1.1.5 i think) and shift + left clicked restore so i could select the .ipsw file manually. well that doesnt work either and now im sitting here all pissed off with an ipod that doesnt respond to anything and is stuck with an all grey screen.

sorry for such a long rant but if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
You need to get your home button fixed.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
If it was mine I would have introduced it to my three pound ball pane hammer a long time ago.

ASMODEAN

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 litres of ticking fury
Transmission
Manual
If it was mine I would have introduced it to my three pound ball pane hammer a long time ago.
The wall app for the iphone worked wonders on mine, but thats the best mod or tweak i've ever seen for an ipod.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals