• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

96 2300 noise

rangerdave571

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 2.3
Transmission
Manual
I've got a 96 mazda b2300 with a 5 speed. When I slow down I'm hearing a rhythmic clicking noise that sounds like it is coming from directly beneath me. I believe it is U-joints but if that is it I'm gonna replace the whole driveshaft, U-joints and rear end. Anyone know how to check to be sure? Much appreciated.

dkeith45

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
We might be in the same boat I think, that is if you have the Supercab Ranger or Mazda SE. If so, I bet it's your drive shaft carrier bearing, or "drive shaft center support".

rangerdave571

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 2.3
Transmission
Manual
Ive got a SE. I bet that is exactly what it is. That center support has a lot of play in it. The truck was kept in Idaho before I bought it and the rust is real bad in the undercarriage and I bet it wasted that spacer in there. Thanks a lot man.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals