• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Automatic hubs

surffishin07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
How can you tell if your automatic hubs are working i did a 1350man swap for my pos1354ele when i tested it the first time the front tires spun in the sand on a steep hill now only the back slip. is there any test for problems

also i have an 88 ranger with locking hubs what do i have to do to swap them to my 94 off that truck or is it possible??(i just aint got the money for new hubs and conversion kit.)

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
If the case in engaged and the wheels are not turning it is probably the hubs.

Your 1988 hubs are off a Dana 28 axle and your 1994 has a dana 35, they are not interchangeable.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
The Dana 28 hub won't physically fit onto the end of the axleshaft. Yank it off the donor and you'll see why.

I agree hubs are probably the problem, but make sure the driveshaft is engaged in the transfer case. Put it in 4WD and unlock the hubs. Climb under the truck and turn the driveshaft. If it turns more than a little for backlash, the transfer case is blown. Now lock the hubs and put it in 2WD and try the same thing. If both hubs are good, you can't turn the driveshaft. If one is bad, you'll have to watch the front axle turn to figure out which side it is.

surffishin07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
how do i lock the hubs their automatic?

and i know the tcase aint blown i drove the shit out of the other truck untill the auto tranny blew.:D

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals