• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Inherited some intake parts, need help.

281_Mk8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys, I am currently going to school to be an automotive technician, anywyas, we were cleaning out the old parts we have laying around that nobody had any use for.

There were a lot of good parts just going in the trash so they said I could have whatever I wanted. So I found what i am pretty sure is a brand new (never used) intake and carb for a 2.0 or 2.3 Ford Lima motor (its a round port aluminum manifold with a 2 barrel motorcraft carb), and a brand new, still in box Weber 32/34 DFT Carb.

I was wondering if you guys could help me identify what the intake a carb are good for and what they will fit, and if i can use the weber carb on my manifold? What are these parts worth?

Weber Carb: 32/34 DFT 9A (Still in the box, papers say it is for Datsun 610, 620, and 710 1972 to 1976, it appears to have everything you'd need to install it on one of those.)

Intake Manifold: Seems to have the round port style, its made of aluminum.
The part number is RF-E533-9426-E3B, on the bottom it says it was cast 5/22/86A1. It also has F.0. 1342 cast on it on the top.

Motorcraft Carb: Appears to be a two barrel the motorcraft ID tag says E5GE AAA 6H26.

The 2.0 in my 88 ranger bite the dust last summer, but I want to put a rebuilt 2.3 in it and this manifold/carb seems like it would be better than my stock 2.0 stuff. I was wondering if this setup can (or should) be used. Thanks a lot for any in put and sorry for the long post.

Turbo-T

Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3Turbo
Transmission
Manual
I had a Weber 32/34 on a 2.3 in a Courier. It was fun to drive. Find the Redline website. They've got the kits and adapters you need to put that carb on a variety of engines.
If you can find a '70's oval port head with the intake manifold it's real easy to modify the manifold to fit the Weber. Then all it'd need is a good cam.

281_Mk8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks Turbo T. Do you have any idea on the motorcraft carb and manifold?

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Pictures would be helpful.
The E5 In the part number means the casting was made in '85. The f.o. 1342 is the firing order which is the same as all american 4 cyls. The carb could be a large array of different carbs, that is where the pics would be handy.

Last edited:

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
Since the carb also has an E5 number atached to it, I'd guess it and the intake were intended for a '85(ish) Ranger with either a 2.0 or 2.3 round port motor.

281_Mk8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks to hall for the replies, I'm going to try to get some pics up by tommorrow. (I need to borrow a camera). Would that intake and carb be a worthwhile upgrade on my 88 2.0? I might be getting a low mileage 2.0 out out of an 88 and was wondering if I should use these or not. My 88' has a almost brand new stock carb. Thanks. Also, if any of you are interested in purchasing the weber just let me know. Also on the 1342, huge brain fart on my part. Wow lol.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals