• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

PLEASE RESPOND QUICLY....pulled bed off and trying to figure which is the fuel pump!

Hardwareman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I just pulled the bed back and now I'm trying to figure out which of the two deals is the fuel pump.

Is it the one that has the wiring harness plugged into it? How do I remove it? Thanks.

Allen

offroadranger

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I just pulled the bed back and now I'm trying to figure out which of the two deals is the fuel pump.

Is it the one that has the wiring harness plugged into it? How do I remove it? Thanks.

Allen
Yes it has a wiring harness. If it has the plastic cap on it, you just unscrew it and it pops right out.

TireIron

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
yea, its probably 6" diameter round. You pull off the electrical connector and the 1 or 2 hoses that connect to it and then you unscrew the ring and the entire unit pulls out. Becareful of the float as it pulls it, you'll have to manuver things around till it comes out and doesn't get bent.

Hardwareman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
OK, thanks again TireIron & Offroadranger!

I pulled the whole unit out and checked it with some jumper wires I had on a battery and it worked!

I reinstalled it and it seems to be working great again........WEIRD!

Have any ideas as to why maybe? Thanks.

I hope it does'nt fail on me while I'm driving to work tomorrow. I'm driving a couple hundred miles.

Allen

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Make sure that the wiring harness that plugs into it is not corroded or gunked up.

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
Also check to be sure that the electrical connectors on the underside of the pump assembly are secure. The ground wire on mine came loose once, caused me no end of headaches until I figured out the problem.

Try wiggling the wires while the pump is running, you should hear no hiccups or sound (pitch) changes from the pump while the wires are being moved.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals