• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

88-92 grill/headlights in an 83??

tawd77

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hi, i have an 83 ranger. I was wondering if the grill/headlight assembly from a newer 88-92 ranger would fit and contour the fenders correctly. Anyone know? Thanks

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
o.k. here's the skinny.cab,doors and cowl are the same. use the entire front clip(89-92 hood,fenders,stone deflector(metal filler under grill),grill and headlight buckets and it will line up with the 83 cab and doors.you will need to cut and enlarge the headlight openings on the radiator support,drill holes for the inner grill and headlight mount tabs on the radiator support, and solder the new style plug ins for the headlights into your harness.the frame rails have holes in different spots but i used 89 b2 bumper brackets and a little drilling to get the new bumper secured.it was much easier than i thought swapping my 88 to an 89 front clip. simple hand tools and some patience will get you there.hell if you swaped in the late model dash you'd never know it was an 83-not to mention you could swap in a v-6 easy if you use the dash and harness

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals