• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Free... just the way I like it.

Cutter26

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
A friend of mine gave me his 75 F-150 reg cab 2wd. The truck has 50 000 klm on it and has a 390 with a manual tran. The body is real soild for being a northern truck. The only reason I got it was because a tree fell on it and damaged the cab pretty good. I have a 78 F-100 that I'm going to swap the cab off of and fix up the 75. I like the look of the 78 better so I"m going to use all my sheet metal and grill.

orfordguy@yahoo.com

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
For
Engine Size
The bigger the better
Transmission
Manual
My credo
i know something about almost everything but not everything about anything.
rebuilding a ford

always good to hear another ford being resurrected...why not stick the 75s drivetrain in the 78 body its easier...:icon_welder:

Cutter26

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
lol, I knew I'd get the worthless witout pics. So here is a pic of the 78, and as soon as I get the 75 I'll put up some pics.

The reason I'm going with the cab swap is because everything on the 75 is mint. It has overloads, new brakes, brake lines, tail pipe and the list goes on. I was planning on taking off the 78 cab and fixing it up over the winter. The 75 has racetrack trim that I don't want and that is why I'm going with the fenders off the 78.

orfordguy@yahoo.com

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
For
Engine Size
The bigger the better
Transmission
Manual
My credo
nice truck

if your pulling the race track molding i wouldn't mind it for a supercab project i'm into, no hurry mind ya, still work to do, will take it off the bed to if it's there too...you'll need to change the 302 paint ont the hood to reflect the new bb ford though...nice truck keep us posted on progress..

Last edited:

Cutter26

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
If my dad doesn't want the trim for his f-250 project, which I don't think he does I'll let you know. I'm going with the red neck theme and keeping the flat deck. I'm giving the box to my dad. The rest of his truck doesn't have the trim packadge. Here is a pic of his project.

Cutter26

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well I finaly got the 75 today. The body is 85% rougher than I thought it to be and it has a 360 instead of a 390, oh well I got the truck for nothing and all I want it for is the underbody. It has a good set of tire wich I'm putting on my Ranger so thats a bonus. Here are some pics.
My 100 miles per hour gauge LOL.

and a side and front pic. You can see how concaved the roof is from the tree.

And here is a pic of my daughter with socks on her ears.(just for laughs)

Last edited:

orfordguy@yahoo.com

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
For
Engine Size
The bigger the better
Transmission
Manual
My credo
project

good luck on the swap and you can always beef up the 360... we took one put in a 410 crank and rods on .30 over pistons rewoked the heads and stuffed an offy dual quad aluminum on it... that went into a 70 shortbed with stacks on flatbed setup... the 5 lug 60 rear would lay a 75' patch off both tires...the trim is standard xlt not race track just an fyi... but id still like to have it mine has a couple bad peices, and the plastic clips if its not too much trouble... thanks...:icon_thumby:

70Ford

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Free is Always good IMO. Nice score!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals