• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Miss / flat spot in acceleration on take off

imabeliever1

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
2001 B2300 with a manual trans. Has about 115k miles. It has a flat spot just above idle when you take off real easy. This is sort of like a miss, but feels more like when you try to drive a carb. equipped vehicle in cold weather before it is warmed up. Like it wants to die. But if you take off a little harder and get the rpms a bit higher it is driveable.

I have noticed that when the outside air temp is cooler, it runs perfect. there was a bit of a cold snap today and it runs like a dream.

Is there some sort of an intake air sensor or such that might be faulty? I have heard of this in GM vehicles.

Thanks

Robert

imabeliever1

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Cured it

This turned out to be the MAF sensor . It was dirty. I bought the spray for it at AUTOZONE along with the torx tools for use with the security screws that hold the sensor in. Unplug and remove the sensor, spray as the directions on the can direct, and no more flat spot or bogging. Less than 20.00 for spray and the torx set. Cheap fix on my ride.

:yahoo:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals