• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

01 Ranger has 3 CEL codes

ejp2fast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Driving down the freeway i all of a sudden didn't have ANY power. Then ran the codes (check engine light blinking) and they are P0171 (lean condition) P0301 (Cyl 1 misfire) and P0304 (Cyl 4 misfire)..

Less than 2 months ago i had surging on acceleration issues and replaced the ignition module and solved the prob....

what could be causing this and what do i replace now? Do i need another coil?

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Simple cheapest stuff first Do you run injection cleaner?. When was fuel filter changed.? Can you do a presure test on the fuel system? Check for vacuem leaks, spray carb cleaner around if emgine revs you have a leak. Mist the coils etal at night and look for sparks

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
When you say it doesn't have "any power". What do you mean. Does it run ? Drive?

Blackducati750

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My 02 Ranger did the same thing, but only spit out a (cylinder #4 misfire)

Check the ignition wires, Mine were arcing. Drive down a dark (deserted) road at night. Pull over, pop the hood, turn off all lights. Then either rev the engine yourself or have a friend do it. Bet you $100 you'll see sparks coming from the wires.

My dumb-ass went through 2 coils before I even thought of the wires. They were Bosch, and not even a year old!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals