• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help deciding on new tires! (Already Searched)

Hillyard

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys I am not new here but it has been a while (couple years). I remember when the forum was all text based and blue and white. Somehow my account got deleted so I recreated it.

Anyways!

I am deciding on if I want to go up to a 265 or not. I got some really nice 16in 5-Spoke Ranger rims and want to put bigger tires on my truck. I can't decide, I'm torn between looks, weight (mpg), and regearing. I plan on regearing to 4.10s after I bump up tire size but that won't be until spring 08. I currently have the 235/75R15s popular edge wheel on it.

I have my eye on Dueler ATs because I will be doing some highway driving. (Bridgestone T/As only come in load range E=rough) Of these three, Dueler AT 693, Dueler AT 695, Dueler Revos(don't care for the tread design), do you guys think are good? What about the BFGoodrich Rugged Trails?

I think it needs a bolder stance.

Torsion bars are factory spec and I was planning on doing the Chevy shackles in the back if I needed to gain some height. I also have a pair of add a leafs. I would like it to be higher.

Please share your pics of 265/75R16s or 245/75R16s. Thanks!

Last edited:

4LO 4.O

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
265/75/16
Looks great!

What gears are you guys running now? 4x4?

Hillyard, ditch those mudflaps too it'll look alot better. If you really wheel it, they'll get torn off soon anyways.

4LO 4.O

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Looks great!

What gears are you guys running now? 4x4?

Hillyard, ditch those mudflaps too it'll look alot better. If you really wheel it, they'll get torn off soon anyways.
Thanks man. I'm runnin the factory 3.73 trac-loc and it has plenty of power with the the 32's, when i go with 35's i'll regear. The first thing i did when i got home with my truck was cut the flaps. It's a 4x4.

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
... first thing i did when i got home with my truck was cut the flaps. It's a 4x4.
LOL, couldn't agree more. So those tires 265/75/16 you have work out to 32" tall? You guys are lucky with the later gen Rangers in regards to larger tire fitment without cutting sheetmetal.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals