• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1984 Ranger 2.3l feedback carb

absolutesantaja

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm looking for information on the carb thats on my 1984 ranger 2wd 2.3l

It has several electrical connections and I'm not sure how much of a computer this truck has on it. I was wondering what sort of control a computer has of the carb... When I got the truck all of the egr and smog pump stuff had been removed or plugged so I'm not sure what the computer can still do. I was wondering what the solenoid on the side of the carb does.

Thanks

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
For the most part all the computer did was adjust/control the fuel mixture at idle.

Turbo-T

Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3Turbo
Transmission
Manual
I've got a manually adjustable replacement for that carb. It's the same 'cept it has an idle jet screw. I had it rebuilt a 2 years ago. I pulled the engine last summer and replaced it with a turbo engine. I pulled the carb, dumped the fuel out of it and put it in a ziplock bag. If your interested in it, email me at dxgxlongx52x@msn.com. drop the x's

absolutesantaja

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
yeah i sorta figured it didn't do much, most of the computer stuff is screwed up anyway i'd like to go back to a simpler carb... not sure if want any of the carter yfa carbs that were made for it though, several people around here think there problems.

Has anyone tried one of the Holley 2 carbs that autozone and some of those places sell for this truck.

Thanks
Shawn

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals