• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Seafoam

RangerDanger94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I used this stuff called Seafoam on my 94 Ranger. It mad a HUGE difference on the way it runs, and it gave me more power and better idle. It said that it is safe for all engines and won't clog converters or O2 sensors, so I decided to try some. The only thing that I didn't like is you have to redline the engine a few times to blow all the junk out of the engine that it cleans out. It won't hurt anything, but it sounds funny to redline my little 2.3. It is kinda expensive at $8 a can, but one can does three treatments. Just thought I would give anyone that needs to smooth out rough idle and give a little more power to their engine a little advice.

AngloSaxon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Did you put in the gas or oil?

Broncodude

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Is it spray or liquid?

Hardwareman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Great link DU510!

I think I'll try that this weekend and see if it helps my pinging, but with well over 300,000 on the clock now I think I'm getting close to needing a motor/tranny swap. Thanks.

Allen

du510

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
MAZDA
Transmission
Manual
Great link DU510!

I think I'll try that this weekend and see if it helps my pinging, but with well over 300,000 on the clock now I think I'm getting close to needing a motor/tranny swap. Thanks.

Allen
worth a shot. I found it best to soak it in seafoam just before changing out the plugs.... just give it a few days, then change out the plugs.

RangerDanger94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Just like he said, its a liquid, and you can put it in the gas, oil, or through the brake booster vacuum line. One word of advice, if you put it in your oil, be sure to change the oil after you run the engine for about 5 minutes. It ruins the lubrication of the oil.

RangerDanger94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Another work of advice, anyone who wants to add it to the oil, only do that with newer engines. The cleaning action of the seafoam will eat away all the sludge in your oil, and in some engines (like mine), the sludge is whats holding the seals together. I used some in the oil of a small 5 horse engine as a test and it ate away the crankcase seal. So only do it to newer engines.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
you might want to use one of the smaller vucuum lines off the intake so it doesn't draw real fast.my truck smoked up a giant blue/white cloud that about covered the shop and then down the road a bit also!i probably gave it to doses at once.

RangerDanger94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, I could locate a smaller line right off hand, so I used the big ones. I was told by my brother that its better to keep the RPM's around 2000-2500 if you run it through the big line. It made a big cloud of smoke on mine too but i only did one at a time.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
You can safely run that stuff straight if you wanted. And the smoke is normal, the stuff just plain works.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
You can safely run that stuff straight if you wanted. And the smoke is normal, the stuff just plain works.
i agree but i just used too much at once.

Young_unn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Rangers
Engine Size
5.0, 3.0
Transmission
Manual
I use the stuff in all my cop cars, it does miracles, i even used it in the oil of my landrover and it freed up a stuck lifter.

And the best part it has a 100% satisfaction garentee, if you didnt like it or it didnt work, get your money back.

I use it by pulling the line off the brake booster and stick it in the can and slowly suck it in untill the can is nearly empty, then near the end i shove the lien in and stall the car out with it. let it sit 10 minutes, then start it up and let the fire depot come for a visit.

a full can does a 4.6 interceptor, probably use less on a 4 banger

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals