• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

jerking/bucking

ambivolent

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0l FFV
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 2003 ranger EDGE 3.0 2wd with a 5r55e trans 96k miles.

just last week i was driving on the interstate at 70 MPH and started to climb a small hill and it felt like it down shifted twice and kept down/up-shifting between 3rd and 4th at around 3500 RPM and continued until i let off the gas, it also dose the same thing when going up a hill at 55 MPH it will down shift at around 3500 rpm and start the bucking and jerking till i get off the gas

it dose not do it when in fixed 1st but will do it in fixed 2nd, no problems with OD it seems like my problems are with 2nd and either 3rd or 4th.

has anyone ever had this happen im trying to figure it out because i have a 2000 mile round trip to Georgia in little over week to get emissions done on it and im hoping it wont give out on me

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals