• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hello from PA

v6TurboRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
New to the Board just wanted to say Hi
Found this site a while back packed with great info.
My 89 Ranger 4x4 has been in the family since new and was passed on to me a few years back from my Dad (recently Passed) 142K and still runs great.
I've started doing some resto. on it mostly cosmedic as the drivetrain is still in excellent cond. My plans for the Ranger include installing a custom STS style turbo kit (Turbo remote mounted under the bed of the truck) This will be the 3rd custom turbo install I've done on a pick-up I've done an S10 4cyl and recently my buddys 4x4 toyota not to mention several honda Civic's and countless Mitsubishi Eclipse's (burnt out on rice burners) But thats another story.
Not sure how much posting I will do but just wanted to say HI
Steve

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Look forward to seeing how the install goes. It'll lag pretty badly with the turbo back there but it's better than nothing.

v6TurboRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Turbo Lag should not be much of a problem I plan to use a turbo with a small A/R ratio hot side that will help the turbo spool up Fast and keep lag to a min. the small A/R hot side will limit top end power but because the eng rpm will never see above 5000 rpm that should not be a problem
Steve

93-4.0L

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
That will be interesting to see how you get it to work. how much boost you planning on running?
Anyway Welcome

v6TurboRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
7-10 psi max to Start Planning to use an 034EFI Sup. injector controler and add a few injectors into the intake manifold to handle my Fuel needs under boost

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals