• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tranny lengths

23L88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
i did a lot of googlin' and i just cannot find lengths on the M5OD and the A4LD, so i give up, are they the same length? and with the proper rebuild kit would the A4LD be a decent transmission? (i did do my research and obviously found that it has its good share of problems but i just hate stick shifts even if they are easier to work on and can be reliable)

cocoasranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Assembled 4WD Length - 28.687-Inches for both transmissions. You can find this info in the tech section under manual trans id and automatic trans id.

I don't care for the auto trans after 3 of them puked out on me with normal driving, but that's just my opinion. Many people feel the A4LD can be a dependable trans, especially if rebuilt with stronger parts to become the "bulletproof" version. I think they have a strong point so if you don't like stick shift go for it.:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals