• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Trying to pull my hubs...

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So I'm trying to pull the hubs on my F150 so I can change my drivers side U-joint, but one of the allen head bolts won't budge. 4 of them had anti-seize, one (that took some force) didn't appear to have any, I imagine the last one is dry.

Can I use heat? Or am I going to kill my wheel bearings? I might just pick up a new set of wheel bearings tomorrow if they aren't too much, so I won't be too concerned, as long as I won't screw anything else up in the hub.

1badexplorer

Firefighter
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0, 501, 7.3psd, 351c, 351w
Transmission
Manual
Drill the head off then just buy a new bolt after it is apart.

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Drill the head off then just buy a new bolt after it is apart.
That was going to be the next step. Going to the parts store for some random junk right now, guess I'll have to grab a bolt, and maybe a few extras while I'm there.

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well, ended up drilling the screw head off, took the rest of the screws out, took the end of the hub off and the screw came out with my fingers, go figure. The spindle nuts were in about finger tight, that was probably good for the bearings. I imagine the other side is about the same... I'll probably grab some new wheel bearings next weekend and change those out when I do break pads, there was barely a trace of a pad left on the drivers side, quite pretty.

Those spindles sure are fun breaking off for the first time in who knows how long :icon_twisted:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals