• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

throttle body swap...

fastford04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
sup yall!! happy tday.
i was curious about this throttle body swap ive seen some ppl talking about on here...i got an 88 2.9 b2 was wondering what it was what i needed that type of thing!! thought maybe someone might have a link or something!

onewyr

it is easy go to a junk yard and look for I think a late '86 or '87 BII or maybe others and compare the bore size that is the inside measurement of the throttle body it is obviously bigger make sure you get the tps off of the donor TB because I had to splice the wires I think the plug was different it is color to color swap. then if I were you take your tube that goes to the airbox and flip it end for end and slap a cone filter on it. it is a good mod in my book. you notice the power at driving speed but it sound cool as hell when you stomp the throttle. just look at your TB before you go and find the one that looks different make sure you have a 2.9 and get one off of a 2.9. just take a 10mm socket and that is it

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
...look for I think a late '86 or '87 BII or maybe others and compare the bore size that is the inside measurement of the throttle body it is obviously bigger make sure you get the tps off of the donor...
Yes, the larger throttle body will be very obvious once you see them both. The larger one a tennis ball fits right into. The smaller one has a different look to the casting...more external ribbing as I recall because it has less total metal.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals