• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

A couple lighting problems (fog, headlights)

Bobburt444

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey. I've searched and couldn't find any real answers to these problems. The two pictures are from the 1996 Ranger manual...

Whenever I do what it says, the fogs don't turn on. Usually it'll blow a fuse in the cab fusebox. Not sure what's wrong?

And whenever I put a new fuse in this spot...

and only turn on the headlights, this fuse will blow. When I don't have a fuse in this spot, the headlights work, the DRLs work, of course the fogs don't work. The DRLs working doesn't make sense because this is the DRL fuse, right? It says "DRL system". Any ideas of what's going on here? I have no clue. Thanks.

budro

V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
sounds like its a wire that is grounding out that is going to your fog lamps. Find the harness that is coming up from your foglights and trace it back all the way to the main harness. My guess is that its somewhere up front where it would get the most abuse. Tape up the bad spot and put a new piece of wire loom on to protect it. Who knows on the fuse why your DRL's will stay running. Wouldnt be the first time i saw a circuit that was not properly labeled from the factory.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals