• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The face lift

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
The continuation of the face of the 1989 Ranger.

This is what it looked like when I bought the truck

After I switched the grill out

When I was prepping the bumper for paint, and relocating the driving lamps

After I finished the bumper

My latest bumper project

That was my weekend. The old blue bumper is sitting in scrap metal at the shop right now, If anyone wants come pick it up and its yours. (a little rusty on the back side but surface rust, and nothing that major that I noticed. Paint is in ok shape, but you can tell it was spray bombed, still a good job, if I don't say so myself). This new bumper and valace came off of a Ford Explorer, I believe it was a 1994 (my truck if FrankinRanger, I'm losing track of what parts came off of what). As far as I know, that style of valace never came on a Ranger. It fits in with my scheme of things, a fully customed, but stock looking truck. Before I get any responces about the rust, I'm going to Rocky Mountian House to pick up a new box this Thursday, and I have 2 new doors, and 2 new fenders sitting in the storage loft at work. the rest of the rust is going to be cleaned up and repaired. Then a new paint job. Ya, its just rough right now, I still need to add in new fog lamps for the holes. Ya, that was my last weekends project, I have a few more coming up.

warhawk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Looks nice, are you going to paint the front bumper to match the lighter blue? It looks good either way, I'm just curious. What are your future plans for it?

Last edited:

Jonboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thats the exact same front end set up I am wanting to put on my little ranger. I dont guess you happen to ever run across anymore of those grilles yet have you?

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
Jonboy, I do believe I was PM'ing you on the old site, I have looked at P'N'P the last few times and havn't found anything like that. Here it was a rare option on a Limited "Sport" package, I just happened to come across one, but I'll keep on looking. As for painting the bumper, its staying like that, its probably the only good thing on my truck as of thursday ("new" box went on, and the paint is in bad shape, all different colours and types of it). I'm getting the truck in soon for body and paint. I'm thinking of going a light blue (thats on the new Mustang's). Its a colour close to the light blue on my truck already, but its a little more gray metallic.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals