• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

computer wont start

kcm1582

Ford Technician
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok so I tried to start up my computer tonight and it failed to load windows. The computer just keeps coming back to the screen saying we are sorry for the inconvenience.... I tried starting it in all forms but no change. Anyone have a clue how to fix this? I'm lost and sick of this computers problems. FYI there have been no recent changes to the hardware or software and it shut down normally this morning.

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Can you vet into the bios? If so, the majority of them have a tool to detect any problems.

Too me it is either a corrupt file in your Windows program or a dead hard drive

kcm1582

Ford Technician
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yes I tried all 3 boot options. How do I get into the bios and what should I be looking for?

kcm1582

Ford Technician
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Oh and the hard drive is a month old WD sata that I put in a little while ago.

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The age of the drive doesn't matter. It could have been setting on a shelf somewhere for years before you bought it.

Do you have another PC that you can put the hard drive in to check it?

kcm1582

Ford Technician
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The only other pc we own is vista this one is xp. Will that matter? I think I might try swapping in the old harddrive that I took out last month.

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Putting the old drive back in might not isolate the problem, but it's still worth trying. If the computer boots and runs normally with the old drive, that should prove that all other components are functioning properly, but that still won't help determine whether the new drive is faulty or there is a problem with the copy of Windows installed on it. If the old drive works it should narrow it down to one of those two problems, though.

If I had to guess, I would think it's an issue with the drive. If you can get to the BIOS, I would think that means your power supply, mobo, and processor are fine. It seems like it's hanging up right when the hard drive would first start being accessed to load Windows.
Can you hear the hard disk at all? Does it even sound like it's trying to do anything? Hopefully you don't hear the dreaded clicking noises.
I love Western Digital drives, but it's possible yours took a crap.

kcm1582

Ford Technician
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well I've been playing with it for the last few days and the thing is almost completely dead. The old hard drive will let it boot but it freezes on the home page one of my friends ia s system builder and we are going to put a new one together sometime this week.

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
If your old drive worked fine the last time you used it before you swapped in the new one, you might want to try cloning it before you give Microsoft any money. I'd really hate to see you have to pay anything to them. There are a few free cloning programs out there.

kcm1582

Ford Technician
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The hard drive was dead, the ram was dying and something was wrong with the motherboard itself. Swapped some parts out and got marginal results but the computer was still non functioning. So its at Best Buy getting repaired and in the meantime I'm building a new rig, one a little more gamer friendly.

BTW i hate Microsoft. :pissedoff: The OS was nearly half the cost of the entire computer.

Last edited:

brandonwh64

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302CI V-8
Transmission
Automatic
Windows 7 would have been better for ya cause right now its free to download. if your componets are dying all at once like that then there something major wrong thats causeing its demise. Use all new parts even the powersupply cause you dont want a relapse of the past and use parts that have a warranty so if it happens again you can RMA

kcm1582

Ford Technician
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well the ram and hard drive have been dying all summer, and I've been fighting that with a different ram chip and rebuilding the hard drive but when the computer completely stopped loading and wouldn't recognize a PS/2 connected keyboard and mouse that I started looking for help and eventually dumped it on Best Buy to repair it, glad I got the warranty.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals